Join us! Unless otherwise noted, all our events are open to the public – Guests are welcome!
(Please RSVP so we can plan for food, seating, etc.)
- This event has passed.
Texas Veterans Business Summit sponsored by US Veterans Chamber of Commerce
May 19, 2011 @ 9:30 am - 5:30 pm$25
Veterans: Take advantage of this full day of expert business advice, networking opportunities, and access to resources costs only $25 if you register now. DOWNLOAD THIS FLYER for complete agenda and information.
The Summit begins with nationally-known Veterans focused on the “3 M’s”: management, marketing, and money. You will hear:
- Joseph C. Picken, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UTD, explain the essentials of business planning for all levels of business;
- Peter Gudmundsson, CEO and Veteran entrepreneur who heads the corporation End Truancy Now, discuss key marketing requirements;
- Gary Linder, President/CEO of the People Fund and former CFO of Accion Texas, share his expertise in acquiring business finance; and
- Dan Cahalan, membership director of the Texas Association of Business, highlight important legislative issues for Texas businesses.
For the afternoon, you have a choice of three focused tracks:
- The Explorer Track is for Veterans who are thinking about starting a business, and will provide guidance for a successful business launch.
- The Emerging Owner Track is for Veteran entrepreneurs who are launching or have launched their business, and will focus on managing and sustaining growth.
- The Contractor Track is for Veteran businesses that want to expand into government, private, or prime contractor procurement and supply opportunities.
How does it work? Pick the right track for your business and sign up.
Space is limited to the first 200 registrants, so sign up today before it fills up. Proof of veteran status will be required.
Click here to REGISTER ONLINE.
TRAVEL STIPEND AVAILABLE
The Perot Foundation and Southwest Airlines awarded Momentum Texas resources for travel stipends for individuals traveling more than 150 miles (one way) to Dallas, allowing us to offer scholarships for travel costs to a limited number of veterans. download stipend application
DOWNLOAD THIS FLYER for complete agenda and information.