The responsibilities of the Ambassador include participation in a variety of programs, projects and activities, including:
- Promotion of the value of Chamber membership within the community.
- Attendance at Chamber functions including ribbon cuttings, networking breakfasts, luncheons, mixers and annual events.
- Support at Chamber functions as an official greeter, good-bye host or crowd host.
- Assistance in the promotion of the Chamber activities and events to the community.
- Contacting membership to inform and invite to upcoming chamber events.
- Serving as a source of information on Chamber products, programs, services and events.
- Staying informed of Chamber policies, procedures, events and services
- Establishing a personal relationship with assigned members through ongoing phone calls, written messages and personal contact
- Conducting goodwill calls and alerting Chamber staff of new businesses in the area.
- Serving as a liaison between Chamber, its members and the business community.
Events & Meetings
There are a variety of networking, fundraising and general Chamber of Commerce events that Ambassadors are required to attend throughout the year: Ambassador Committee meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month at 12:00pm at varying locations that will be announced. Attendance of committee meeting is required of all Ambassadors. Ribbon Cuttings are held Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays at 8 or 8:30am or 4 or 4:30pm Networking Events throughout the year Ambassadors will be responsible for supporting Chamber staff by serving as a greeter, goodbye host or crowd host at the event. A signup sheet will be rotated via email and/or at monthly meetings. Eligibility & membership All Ambassadors shall be current members of the Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce in good standing Term of Service shall be (1) year. Upon completion, a new Ambassador Commitment form must be submitted. Recognition Serving as an Ambassador provides you with a greater level of visibility and promotion than standard Chamber memberships. As an Ambassador of the Chamber you will receive recognition throughout the year in a variety of different ways. Listing on the Ambassador page of the Chamber’s website. Introduction in the Chamber’s newsletter “The Scoop”. Introduction and recognition at Chamber events that you volunteer.